Forum Discussion

vadaliprasad
Occasional Contributor
12 years ago

Object Spy fails to identify Flex objects in Firefox browser that are visible through object browser

Working on FLEX Application, script execution works as expected on Firefox browser.

But the FLEX objects that are visible through object Browser are not identified by Object Spy.

Object Spy fails to recognise the flex objects. It detects only the window as Sys.Browser("firefox").BrowserWindow(0).Window("MozillaWindowClass", "", 1).Window("GeckoPluginWindow", "", 1)

Working with Firefox 16.0.1 through FLASH INJECTOR Method

Observed on Test Complete 9.2 onwards.

Everything works as expected on IE.. But when it comes to Spy on Firefox, we are faced with this GeckoPluginWindow. 

Please help

3 Replies

vadaliprasad
    Occasional Contributor
    Hi Tanya,

Just realized that I have missed out on creating the new environment variable.

Issue is resolved and everything works as expected now.

Thanks,

Prasad Vadali
    vadaliprasad
    Occasional Contributor
    All the settings as mentioned in the link were done. 

Although flash objects are available through object browser, when spyed Gecko plugin window is displayed.

This happens only for the flex, falsh related applications on Firefox.

I have re-checked all the settings.

In Setting Preferences via Firefox’s about:config Page, I could only locate dom.ipc.plugins.enabled

dom.ipc.plugins.enabled.npswf32.dll couldn't be located in about:config ; Could this be a concern ? - I have uninstalled and re-installed firefox and still couldn't resolve this.

Please help