Forum Discussion

rpfaucher1
Contributor
10 years ago

Not recording anything???

Hi folks, new to the forum, hope this is the correct place to put this issue... have been using Testcomplete for a while now... and as of today, on two different systems, both running windows 7, IE 9.  Recording a script no longer does anything?

I click record, then Stop and look at the script, all I see is the start sub and end sub.  I have tried to record against desktop app and web app... makes no difference.  This used to work???

Again, 2 machine... neither will record anything?

Thanks!

Ron

4 Replies

• Some additional infomation... if I open a different project... recording works fine... but for this one project... nothing is recorded.  Suggestions?

Thanks folks!
  • You are hopefully running the latest patch or release of TestComplete that you are Licensed for. Next would be the patches located here for Internet Explorer - in the article for preparing web browsers.  

Third would be make sure the programs are at the same priviledge level. Not being run at elevated priviledges, etc.

Test Project Configuration

Although the next option would be to make sure the setting for recording "ONLY" on tested applications is not set.

• Hi Heidi, sorry, but no, not the same... I was getting nothing to show in the script... someone and I can't recall who... had posted a reply earlier for three things I could try... they mentioned version, something else, and they mentioned the "Record User Actions Over Tested Applications Only" should be turned OFF....BINGO!  That solved my problem... I just wanted to say "Thank You" to whomever that was, I appreciate it.

Now, I have to wonder, two machines, both had this enabled... and had my problem... reckon  I need to see if anyone on my team enabled it... but again, that solved my problem.  Not sure where that reply went, in that I can't see it anymore... but thank you.

Heidi, I have seen from time to time where not everything is being recorded... without reading your original issue (as I am literally running between meetings, lol)... when I had that issue, during a record session... I "slowed" my actions down... it seemed it missed some actions when I moved along quickly, I know... lame answer, but thats what I recall.  Hope you get your issue resolved I know how frustrating it can be.

I mainly use record from time to time to just see what TC thinks about an object and the comand it may have issued etc... sort of like the "Spy" tool.  Lol.

Thanks All!

Ron