Forum Discussion

ashly
Occasional Contributor
8 months ago

not able to run testcase

hi, I am working on the test complete application and it is currently installed on a remote PC. When I take its access from my PC I am getting errors while running the testcases. whereas when I am accessing it from another PC there are no errors for the same ,why is this happening

checkpoints are unable to be identified and it is showing the error "

Cannot get a picture object from the input parameter."

7 Replies

rraghvani
    Champion Level 3

This is a different error now? You should not be using ProgramData folder, as this is usually hidden and it may require certain permissions to access it, which you may not have.

rraghvani
    Champion Level 3

You need to check the environments are set up correctly for your automation. It's difficult to provide a solution when we don't know anything about your remote machine. 

ashly
      Occasional Contributor

hi, I have checked the environment variables. Its fine. I tried to access the testcomplete in a remote machine through two PCs of the same configuration. When I take its access from my PC I am getting errors while running the testcases. whereas when I am accessing it from another PC there are no errors for the same(both are of same configuration). Also I cannot add image checkpoints. Earlier when I bring the mouse pointer to a region, it shows a red box to capture that region. But now its missing and I am not able to capture the desired region while recording the testcase. 

rraghvani
    Champion Level 3

Just to clarify, you have TestComplete installed on a remote PC. When you access that remote PC from your machine, you are not able to run TestComplete. However, if you access the remote PC from another machine, you are able to run TestComplete. 

Are you using the same account to access the remote PC?

ashly
      Occasional Contributor

No accessing from two accounts

rraghvani
    Champion Level 3

If you are using different accounts to access the remote PC, then the permissions may not be exactly the same! Hence, "you need to check the environments are set up correctly for your automation"

ashly
      Occasional Contributor

while running the below script I got the following error. To solve that I have installed the 64 bit version of Microsoft office 12.0 access database engine OLE DB provider. The runtime error was solved after installing this.

My doubt is that will this installation in any way affect the running of the keyword tests?  

Is this the reason why I am getting errors while running from my machine