Forum Discussion

bindu
Occasional Contributor
13 years ago

Not able to highlight the mapped objects/objects in object browser

Hi,

I am currently using Test Complete 8.5 for my application built with AIR(2.6).

I was  able to record the script and playback it using Test Complete.

Issues:

1) Once I record the script objects are mapped automatically to Name Mapping.  But, if i try to highlight them on application, It says "Cannot Highlight this object on Screen". If i double click on the Object in name mapping the properties window shows up. If i replay the same script it executes without any problem.

2) I tried to bring the object spy to identify object and yes.. it is able to identify the object. I Clicked on Highlight on Object Browser and it showed me the object in Object Browser with its properties. I click Highlight on screen and i get the message "Cannot Highlight this object on Screen".

I am not sure what is blocking it from highlighting the object, while it is doing everything else on the object.

Please advice..

13 Replies

Marsha_R
    Champion Level 3
    What we have found when the name mapping/object spy are giving confusing results is that something farther up the tree in the name mapping is mapped incorrectly.

Look in the name mapping and try to highlight each object above the one that is causing problems.  Hopefully you will find one not too far back that will highlight.  At that point, I would delete everything below the good one and remap it.

Always make a backup copy of your name mapping before you do something like this!  I think it will work for you but you want to be able to go back to the old one if it doesn't!

richcoto
    Occasional Contributor
    I even made a new project and record a test to mapping all from scratch, i have a form and it maps all textfields as one, if i iterate from its childs it give me several items with the same name but different index, but all these aren't in the mappin name file, if i log it's visible and visibleOnScreen property it says false and i see the objects there which is weird...

if i set the visible property to true it gave me a javascript error saying invalid arguments...