Forum Discussion

DBowerman
Occasional Contributor
30 days ago
Solved

mht files opening in blank Edge browser page after Edge updated to version 123.0.2420.65

After Edge updated to version 123 (123.0.2420.65) today, mht file opens in a blank Edge browser page. Error that reads "Blocked script execution in '<URL>' because the document's frame is sandboxed and the 'allow-scripts' permission is not set." is received (developer tools)  

Prior edge version (122.0.2365.92) was used moments before Edge was updated and mht opened as expected so this seems like a new issue with that latest Edge reversion.  We have tried various combinations with the "Disable opening mhtml in IE mode from web" setting and a few others trying to find a work around, but had no success is resolving the issue.

• My co-worker (dhundley found this information.  Very annoying that this must be done for every log reviewed.  Permament work around would require a security change that our company is probably not going to allow.

https://support.smartbear.com/testcomplete/docs/testing-with/log/working-with/exporting/issue-with-mht.html

7 Replies

DBowerman
    Occasional Contributor

My co-worker (dhundley found this information.  Very annoying that this must be done for every log reviewed.  Permament work around would require a security change that our company is probably not going to allow.

https://support.smartbear.com/testcomplete/docs/testing-with/log/working-with/exporting/issue-with-mht.html

kerchengolts
      New Contributor

Hey,

I have the same issue. The old way with edge://flags/ doesn't help now.

Please try to find the solution for it! It's realy very important!

Regards 

rraghvani
    Champion Level 3

MHT file still works in the latest version of Edge. 

DBowerman
      Occasional Contributor

We can view logs generated locally.  However, we cannot view logs generated through an Azure pipeline with automation run against a VM.  We have to "unblock" each report once it's downloaded.

rraghvani
    Champion Level 3

Your VM is most likely configured to block downloaded files.

rraghvani
    Champion Level 3

I have admin permissions on the VM's that I use, so I have no group/policy restrictions. 

If you can, log onto the VM (same user as your automation), download a file via your browser and check if the file is blocked.