Forum Discussion

szein
Occasional Contributor
14 years ago

Load Testing Environment

hello,

I am new to load testing using TestComplete. Before i start testing , i want to be sure about my environment.

So we are at the final stages of our development, and we deployed our web application on our client server so that we can load test it with real hardware environment. so can i load test it from my machine, which is at development company LAN? or the machine which will load test the application should be on same LAN as the hosting server?

our development LAN has a 5 Mb internet speed, and i want to load test the application to simulate 100 concurrent users, is that ok since i am not on same LAN? or it does not matter?

what i mean is, even though we have 5 mb speed, but still TestComplete can simulate 100 virtual users against target server through internet?

Thanks in advance

Samer

1 Reply

• Hi Samer,

A load test is supposed to emulate actual users working with your web site, so if the users are not located in your LAN, you should emulate the connection speed the users will have. Note that TestComplete can emulate different connection speed as described in the Emulating Connection Speed help topic.