Forum Discussion

DBrooks
New Contributor
12 years ago

List index out of bounds (0)

No matter what test I run i receive the error msg "List index out of bounds (0)"  I'm receiving no other information.  What could be causing this?  The msg box pops up then the test continues before I click "OK".  When the test is over the box is hidden behind Test Complete, and some times I have to restart Test Complete, because I can not get to this box to click "OK" and Test Complete will not let me continue until I have clicked "OK"

Thank you for your help.

4 Replies

DBrooks
    New Contributor
    I upgraded TC from version 9.10 to 9.20  This has not solved the problem.
    sastowe
    Super Contributor
    It is hard to know without knowing more information. Is this keyword testing or script? Can you tell us what is going on in TC at that point of the test? What is the test doing? Is it clicking on a listbox? How was the test created?

... Trying but without knowing more, it is hard to help.
    DBrooks
    New Contributor

All of my test are VB script test, but the error is not actually occurring within my test.  My test is beginning and ending with no actual error logged in the test log. 

For the sake of figuring this out I ran a test telling Test complete that I wanted to debug and step through the code.  I put the stop point on the first line of code so that no actual code executed, and when I hit run, debug stopped execution on the first line of code and the error box popped up stating “List index out of bounds (0)” with no other data.

The research that I have done on the smart bear site makes me wonder if I have recreated the Test complete bug that was fixed in version 8.5 that creates this box pop up after an old test was deleted.

DBrooks
    New Contributor
    It seems that i have fixed the problem.  it appears that both test complete 8 and 9 were installed on my PC. 

I uninstalled 8, then tested and received the same error.  I then reran the installer for test complete 9 selecting "repair" in the install options, and now the error msg box no longer pops up when running a test. 

Thank you for your help.