Forum Discussion

RichBopp
Contributor
7 years ago
Solved

KeyWord Mode: Is there a way to create conditional checkpoints?

Keyword Mode: Is there a way to create conditional checkpoints? 

I have a test - which depending on the country I'm testing - will produce 3 different results in a Property Checkpoint I set up. All are valid, but I can only check one. 

I thought there would be a method in Operation Parameters around 'Value', something like the Value can equal "A101 or A102 or A103", but no such luck.

4 Replies

AlexKaras
    Champion Level 3

Hi,

If I got your question right: as per http://support.smartbear.com/testcomplete/docs/keyword-testing/reference/checkpoints/property.html and http://support.smartbear.com/testcomplete/docs/reference/program-objects/aqobject/checkproperty.html, you may use either cmpIn condition or the cmpMatches one.

In the former case you should check against "A101,A102,A103" expression, while in the latter case - against "A10[1-3]" one (might require correction).

RichBopp
      Contributor

Alex, 

The 'cmpIn' solution you suggested worked perfectly.  Thank you very much, sir.

I'm new to TestComplete, and I am thankful for the quick reply.  You are indeed a 'Community Hero'.

Kudos,

Rich

tristaanogre
    Esteemed Contributor

I don't think so.  Would be a cool idea.... 

However, what you could do is use the "If--then" operator.  Just set up three if--then conditionals and do something where

if country = a then checkpoint on value A101

if country = b then checkpoint on value A102

if country = c then checkpoint on value A103

RichBopp
      Contributor

Martin,

Alex's suggestion worked for me, but I wanted to respond to you as well.  I will be experimenting with IF/Then next week on some other tests.  I will try your solution then as well. 

I can see yours as providing more precise control, and will let you know.

Thank you,

Rich