Forum Discussion

pjaju
Occasional Contributor
14 years ago

Jtree loading

I am working with JTree object and using the ClickItem method to click on a particular tree node. My question is that, if the node is not found, TC throws error. However, when i open my application, it takes a bit of time to load the tree nodes. While the tree is loading, if i use ClickItem, TC throws an error saying that the object was not found. Once the tree is loaded fully, the command works fine.

I want to know how can i tackle this situation. Can i use a loop:

Do

Call Aliases.Java_Explorer.Explorer_Main.SwingObject("ExplorerFrame$4", "", 0).SwingObject("null.layeredPane").SwingObject("null.contentPane").SwingObject("YPanel", "", 0).SwingObject("YPanel", "", 0).SwingObject("YSplitPane", "", 0).SwingObject("YSplitPane$InternalSplitPane", "", 0).SwingObject("YSplitPane", "", 0).SwingObject("YSplitPane$InternalSplitPane", "", 0).SwingObject("ExplorerFrame$2", "", 0).SwingObject("YScrollPane", "", 0).SwingObject("JViewport", "", 0).SwingObject("ApplicationScreenSelector", "", 0).SwingObject("Tree").ClickItem("App|Viewers|Stores|Report1")

Until <no error is thrown>

1 Reply

• Hi Pankaj,

You can do this in this way:

Do Until treeNodeExists(tree, itemPath)

Delay 500

Loop

Here is the code of the treeNodeExists script routine along with a sample of its usage:

Sub Test

Set tree = Sys.Process("javaw").SwingObject("JFrame", "SwingSet2", 0).SwingObject("JRootPane", "", 0).SwingObject("null.layeredPane").SwingObject("null.contentPane").SwingObject("SwingSet2", "", 0).SwingObject("JTabbedPane", "Tree Demo", 0).SwingObject("JPanel", "", 0).SwingObject("JPanel", "", 0).SwingObject("JScrollPane", "", 0).SwingObject("JViewport", "", 0).SwingObject("TreeDemo$1", "", 0)

itemPath = "Music|Classical|Mozart"

If treeNodeExists(tree, itemPath) Then

Log.Message("Node exists")

Else

Log.Error("Node does not exist")

End If

End Sub

Function treeNodeExists(tree, itemPath)

itemNames = split(itemPath, "|") 

currentItem = itemNames(0)

If IsSupported(tree, "wItems") Then

Set items = tree.wItems

Else

Set items = tree.Items

End If

For i = 0 To items.Count - 1

If items.Item(i).Text = currentItem Then

If UBound(itemNames) = 0 Then

treeNodeExists = True

Else

treeNodeExists = treeNodeExists(items.Item(i), Join(removeFirstItemFromArray(itemNames), "|"))

End If

Exit Function

End If

Next

treeNodeExists = False

End Function

Function removeFirstItemFromArray(arr)

ReDim result(UBound(arr) - 1)

For i = 1 To UBound(arr)

result(i-1) = arr(i)

Next

removeFirstItemFromArray = result