Forum Discussion

tonje_almending
Occasional Contributor
10 years ago

Jquery UI Autocomplete

Hi!

I have installed a Testcomplete trial license, and I have ran into two problems. I am trying to setup at simple test towards our web application. I am, however, having difficulties with a jquery UI Autocomplete search field.

In this field the user is to give a letter, for example "w", and a list should appear with all the persons having "w" within one of their names. It has been working randomly in internet explorer, but not in chrome and firefox. No it is not working at all.

I have checked that the jquery extension is installed, and I have tried to apply a wait property command, in order for the search field to load properly before it is triggered, but it is not helping.

This is the wait property command which I added to the test script

If page.panelBrukeradmDiv2.fieldsetBruker.searchboxTxtsok.WaitProperty("Enabled", True, 15000) Then

Call page.panelBrukeradmDiv2.fieldsetBruker.searchboxTxtsok.SetText("w")

Else

Log.Error "The searchboxTxtsok search field didn't become enabled within 15 seconds."

End If

I have also checked that I have the correct browser versions installed, and they have been configured according to the guidelines.

So, my question is: How do I get the jquery UI autocomplete search field to work?

4 Replies

Goobledy
    Occasional Contributor
    Hi Tonje,

Can you try using 'Keys' instead of 'SetText' and try 

page.panelBrukeradmDiv2.fieldsetBruker.searchboxTxtsok.Keys("w")

Regards,

Goobledy

tonje_almending
    Occasional Contributor
    Sorry, got to take it back! After having recorded the test over again, it is working perfectly well!