Forum Discussion

TK6666
Contributor
11 months ago

issues when recording in test complete -steps not saving after recording stopped

Hi guys

Is anyone experiencing issues with recording in test complete veriosn 15.51.30 now after latest patch build.If you record any web,desktop item etc. the steps are not been saved after you stop the recording?

18 Replies

rraghvani
    Champion Level 3

I'm unable to "share" the PowerShell script file. However, these are some of the commands that I use within the script.

File repository - to download the latest source files

TestExecute - runs the automation and generates results in XML. The timestamp is used for historical results

Parsing XML results into HTML report, see https://stackoverflow.com/questions/56056313/xml-parsing-using-powershell

Sending HTML report email, see https://stackoverflow.com/questions/63334948/how-to-send-an-email-with-an-attachment-in-powershell-code

rraghvani
    Champion Level 3

I've just recorded the following keyword test,

Using TC v15.51.30.7 x64 and Chrome v113.0.5672.127 (Official Build) (64-bit)

TK6666
      Contributor

Thanks for confirming, I am really running out of ideas here as to why i am experiencing so many issues after new releases and the support guys are still investigating.

rraghvani
    Champion Level 3

Have you tried creating a new project, to see if recording works?

TK6666
      Contributor

Hi rraghvani 

thank you for this suggesstion.

I have just created a new project like you suggested and it is working as expected ,recording and playing back.

What can this mean?

rraghvani
    Champion Level 3

It seems like your project is stored on OneDrive? This could be causing synchronisation issues.

Could you try to copy your project on your local drive e.g. C:\Sandbox or C:\Temp, and try to record your keyword/script test again.

TK6666
      Contributor

Is is indeed on one drive.

would this mean that i would have to re-record all my tests in the project?

TK6666
      Contributor

Thank you i will do.

You have been a great help assisting totry and resolve the issue,thank you

TK6666
      Contributor

rraghvani just wanted to show you both the old project and the new project are saving to this location 

rraghvani
    Champion Level 3

I've had issues with OneDrive as well. I do all my development work on my local drive, i.e. not using OneDrive, and never had issues.

TK6666
      Contributor

okay thank you for that.a developer helped me set up that part s that test execute which sits on my virtual machine is able to pick up this folder and run the tests.He thought at the time that this was the best way to assist with the the bat file.

would i just need to copy and past the filder in another location that does not have one drive in it/linked to one drive?

rraghvani
    Champion Level 3

My project sits in this location.

Copy and past your project, to a local folder.

TK6666
      Contributor

okay thank you.I will do that.

And then your bat file that is used to execute the tests its it just named accordingly?

rraghvani
    Champion Level 3

I do the development on my local machine. All files, excluding pictures, are uploaded and checked-in into TFS (file repository).

On my remote machine, I have a PowerShell script file (similar to a batch file) that runs on a scheduled task. The script downloads the files from TFS and runs TestExecute (runs the automation). Once completed, results are then sent via email.

TK6666
      Contributor

hi rraghvani 

hope you are well

do you mind sharing your PowerShell script so that I can see the set up and also see what command you are using to send the test results vis email in your PowerShell script?

Kind Regards,

Tina