Forum Discussion

kenton_raphael
Occasional Contributor
11 years ago

Issue using Chrome to open and display a URL

I am using the "Run Browser" to open Chrome web page, and to navegate to a new URL and open a new web page.

However, The Chrome web page opens successfully but did not launch the new URL.

Can someone help with this issue?

Thank

Kenton
    kenton_raphael
    Occasional Contributor
    Hi Alexei,

I am using TestComplete version 9.31.3889.7, and Chrome 32.0.1.1700.76.

Also I am having trouble using using "object spy, on screen action, and if object" functions to identify object on Chrome web pages.
    AlexKaras
    Champion Level 3
    Hi Kenton,

The reason is the same - incompatibility between TC 9.31 and Chrome 32.

The only solution I know is either downgrade to Chrome 30 (and disable all updates from Google, so Chrome cannot update itself on the first start) or to upgrade to TC 10.

Unfortunately, I don't know if SmartBear plans to add Chrome 32 support to TC 9.31.
  • Technically Chrome 31 is supported by TC 9.31. It didn't require a patch and so is not listed on the patch page.

I too am interested if Chrome 32 will be supported for TC 9.31. We are scheduled to ship soon and I would rather not be forced to install TC 10 on all machines just to get Chrome support... at least not right this minute. I do like the look of some of the new features in 10 and am eager to try them out.
    TanyaYatskovska
    SmartBear Alumni (Retired)

Hi there,

TestComplete 9.31 works with Chrome 31. The newest browser version is supported in TestComplete 10 (after applying a special patch). There is no plan to add support for Chrome 32 to TC 9.31.