Forum Discussion

ACE2084
Occasional Contributor
9 years ago

Issue running TestExecute on a TFS Build Server

Hi, I'm having issues running TestExecute as part of a build process. I followed every step in your tutorial. I have a very simple test that works ok locally through testcomplete that only opens a web page and the it does some object verification. The problem is that when this test gets executed as part of the build by test execute fails with this error: "Unable to navigate to...". If I run this test manually using test execute in the build server, the test just run fine. That's one problem, the other one is that sometimes, almost always, this test never gets executed and the build fails with the error  "TF28002: AgentScope 'Run on agent' timed out waiting for the workflow to complete on agent ..." trying to execute the test. I'm able to see the testexecute, the tchookx64, and the browser being kick off on the build server but it hangs after the operation time out.

5 Replies

AlexKaras
    Champion Level 3

Hi,

As a quick check: when you are executing tests manually on the build server you are running them from your user session (because you are logged on interactively). Does interactive user session exist when the tests are executed from the build process and are TestComplete and the browser running within this session?

The reason for the above question is that if the user, TestComplete is running on behalf of, is not logged interactively, than browser has no desktop where it can display its UI, thus the UI does not exist and thus TestComplete cannot interact with the tested web page.

ACE2084
      Occasional Contributor

Thanks for your reply Alex. The answer is yes, actually I'm monitoring the processes in the Task Manager logged into the build server to verify that the TestExecute kicks off in that session. 

ACE2084
        Occasional Contributor

Hey all, we finally figure it out. We need the Build Service to run Interactively. Thanks Alex!!!.

Capture.PNG

ACE2084
    Occasional Contributor

By the way, I'm using TestExecute 11.20.1491.11 and creating the Tests with TestComplete 11.20.1491.7. The Unit Test Project was created using Visual Studio 2013 in Windows 7. The TFS Server is Windows Server 2008 R2 x64