Forum Discussion

gbraillon
Occasional Contributor
8 years ago
Solved

[Issue] ClickItem work in TestComplete but not in TestExecute

Hello,

I have a Test Complete project containing approximately 200tests. I executed them nightly with QAComplete on a VirtualMachine with TestExecute installed on it.

I have 60% of my tests who failed because  of : "Unable to find the object ClickItem("...")". The thing is i can't reproduce it in TestComplete, it failed only in TestExecute.

Do you have a workaround, except change, by example, "linkManage - ClickItem("Component")" by "linkMange - Click; linComponent - Click" for all my tests ?

You can find the difference between the TestComplete log and Test Execute log in copy.

Kr,

gbraillon
    8 years ago

I change it to 15000 but no change seem so.

I will replace the ClickItem function by Click.

Thanks for your investigation.

11 Replies

tristaanogre
    Esteemed Contributor

Unfortunately, the TestExecute version of your log is coming up empty so it's hard to determine what's going on there.  The TestComplete version I'm only seeing one line where anything resembling "ClickItem" is being referenced.

However, my best guess, based upon your description of the error message, is possibly one of several things:

1) A timing issue where, on your TestExecute machine, the item you are attempting to click on or even the control "linkManage" is not fully rendered when the test is attempted, hence a "not found" error.  Solution - Increase the auto-wait timeout either globally on your project or (better solution) on the individual action in your keyword test

2) An environment issue where, on your TestExecute machine, a different version of the browser or other environmental factors is causing the item in question ("linkManage") to be recognized or rendered differently. Solution - Verify configurations between the two machines and make sure that everything is the same.

3) A mapping issues where, on your TestExecute machine, for some reason, your Alias mapping of your components is not the same as it is on your TestComplete machine, possibly due to an incomplete our outdated copy of the NameMapping file on the remote box. Solution - Pull down the latest project version to the remote box (usually done using some sort of version control system)

BUT... these are just guesses... without the actual log file from your TestExecute machine, can't really precisely give an answer.

gbraillon
      Occasional Contributor

I checked your 3 solution already but it didn't seem to be that :

1- Global wait time is already 13000

2- Browser version and other environement parameters seem correct

3- Project in Virtual Machine is exactly the same than my local copy

You can find the "not empty" log in copy.

Best regards,

tristaanogre
        Esteemed Contributor

In the screenshot that goes along with the error, I'm not able to figure out which object is being attempted to interact with in order to execute a "ClickItem" call.  ClickItem is supposed to click on an item in another control where that item has either the index or the text that is being passed in as a parameter.  So, for some reason or another, the object for whom you are trying to select "ClickItem" for does not exist or is not being properly recognized.

According to the call stack, the error is happening on line 6 of a keyword test.  Could you post a screenshot of the keyword test, specifically with details for what is happening on line 6?