Forum Discussion

SaraJens
Contributor
8 months ago

Is there any issue with clickitem in TestComplete version15.59.7.7 x64

Using clickitem is not picking exact pick from the list of values.

Anyone else facing same issue.

Chrome version : Version 120.0.6099.71

33 Replies

• Downgraded testcomplete version and is working now. Looks like latest version may be after 57 has issues with click item.

rraghvani
      Champion Level 3

Works fine in v15.61 when scripting in JavaScript, on the latest version of Chrome. I don't use Keyword Tests, but I assuming that should also be working.

SaraJens
        Contributor

click item function in keyword testing is not working with v15.61

• yes using chrome and extension 

I still able to duplicate the issue with application. 

rraghvani
      Champion Level 3

That proves that the standard list box works, and that the correct item is selected, when using ClickItem method.

The control that is not working for you, you need to find out exactly what sort of control it is - the UI may look like a standard list control, but the coding behind the scenes may be a wrapper class that mimics a list control. Therefore, ClickItem may not work for you. 

The web application that I test, we use Bootstrap and some of the UI controls are wrapped around custom classes. In certain instances, ClickItem does not work for me. I may have to perform a Click, to show the dropdown list box, and then perform ClickItem on the actual dropdown list box. 

• Yeah, I tried click + clickitem and still failing, any idea that this would be fixed .

It is still working in v51.56

rraghvani
      Champion Level 3

As mentioned before, it is working fine in the latest version of TC which is 15.61, using either keyword or scripting. You have also proved that it works based on the URL I had given you.

It's best if you open a TestComplete: New Support Request

mmaloney
    Occasional Contributor

I am also having this same issue using TC Version: 15.61.1.7 x64 and Chrome Version 121.0.6167.161 (Official Build) (64-bit)

I am going to submit a ticket to the Support team. Have you found any work around? I am assuming I could downgrade version of TC but not sure how far back I should go.

SaraJens
      Contributor

I have downgraded to 15.56 version and it is working .

• Also having this same issue, but with Edge - TC 15.61 & Edge v120.

Unable to downgrade due to the IT department in control and updated to the latest versions.