Forum Discussion

brijmitchell
Contributor
9 years ago

Is it possible to remove a objects association with a named mapping

I have a issue where a object is associated with the wrong name mapping, this has happened due a CSS change i think.

The only way of getting around this so far is deleting the mapping at a parent level and remapping everything but i only did this as a test and i do hope this is not the only solution as this deletes around 300 child objects that will need to mapped again but remapping everything will be a hugly difficult task.

so i was wondering if there a way of deleting a objects association with a named mapping as its currently associated with the wrong mapping and there for is the wrong object. 

Please help.

7 Replies

• I have also contacted the support team to help me with this as its fairly urgent

ID - 00111214

Marsha_R
      Champion Level 3

What happens if you just delete the branch for the one object?

brijmitchell
        Contributor

It remaps it under the wrong parent, the only way i can get it map correct so i can highlight it is it delete the parent which i want to avoid doing as it will cause a huge amount of work.

Im afraid im not explaining this issues very well, as im confusing myself trying to explain and solve this issue.

If i delete the one branch, and then remap the tab i want to click it maps it under the wrong parent and im unable to right click and highlight the object.

If i delete the branch and then view the object in object browser, for some reason if i ask it show me in named mapping it takes me to the incorrect parent as this parent is a different object.

Its very confusing.......