Forum Discussion

dhundley
Regular Contributor
2 years ago
Solved

is it possible to perform special processing in the event of an error

here's what i want my execution plan to normally do: login to my AUT execute test case 1 execute test case 2 execute test case 3 etc. logoff of my AUT   IF, for whatever reason, a tes...
    dhundley
    2 years ago

i think i finally figure out how to properly use the OnStopTestCase event handler to stop and restart my AUT when any test case has an error and I don't want that error to adversely impact any subsequent test cases. Generally speaking the following event handler contains the basic steps needed. Mine is quite a bit more complicated at the point where i put the commented statement "//any other stuff necessary to get the AUT where it needs to be for the next test case" but i have tested it an it works. i did have to convert some keyword tests into scripts and then copy and paste those lines into my event handler at the appropriate location and i had to be careful even then that what I copied and pasted did not contain any KeywordTest.Run statements (as explained in the SmartBear documentation for OnTestCaseStop event handler)

function GeneralEvents_OnStopTestCase(Sender, StopTestCaseParams)
    {

if (StopTestCaseParams.Status !== 0)
      {

let appProcess = Sys.WaitProcess("myappname", 500);
        if (appProcess.Exists)
        {
          Sys.Process("myappname").Close();
          Delay(3000);
          appProcess = Sys.WaitProcess("myappname", 500);
          if (appProcess.Exists)
          {
            Sys.Process("myappname").Terminate();
          }
        }

TestedApps.myappname.Run();

//any other stuff necessary to get the AUT where it needs to be for the next test case

}

else

{

//Do the normal stuff here when StopTestCaseParams.Status === 0

}

}