Forum Discussion

favio_dominguez
New Contributor
15 years ago

Invisible windows

Hello,

I am trying to test that our software correctly switches to different languages. To do that, I click on a dropdown menu to change the language, say to French, then click on the dropdown menu again to change the language, say to Spanish, and so on. When running the test, after switching succesfully to French, the window that contains the dropdown menu becomes 'invisible and thus can not be activated'. Even if I stop and  run the test again the window is invisible from the biggining and can not even switch once to French.

But, if I quit and lunch our software again and run the test, the windows becomes visible and can switch to French but after that the windows become 'invisible and thus can not be activated'.

To recap: the windows is visible for the first operation and becomes invisible after that, even if I run the test again.

Could you please help me with this matter. I would really appreciate it.

Thank you very much,

Favio Dominguez

4 Replies

• Hi Favio,

To help us investigate the issue, please zip the entire project suite folder along with the test execution logs (both successful and failed ones) and send us the archive. We'll look into the problem here.
  • Hello,

Were you able to figure out what the root cause of this issue  is ?

I aslo encounter this problem once in while. The window is clearly visible but TC says otherwise.

Thanks
  • Hi Nabil,

This kind of issue can have different reasons, individual for every test project. To look deeper into your particular case, we need to have your project here along with the detailed description of the problem. Please zip the entire project suite folder along with the test execution logs and send us the archive.
    scsvel
    Frequent Contributor
    Hello Favio,

Actually  the message "invisible and thus can not be activated" will come whenever target object's VisibleOnScreen = fasle. To overcome this try to get parent of the element and refresh, activate it. Then do the operation in Target element...

Hope this will help...

If any ideas or I am wrong, please correct me...

Thanks...