Forum Discussion

zirka2
New Contributor
3 years ago

[Integrate with Jenkins] Test runner exit code: -8

Dear Community!

I have an issue with running tests integrated in jenkins.

The jobs run nightly, and i suppose it runs untill the defined timeout, and then exits, and marks the job failed.

I have several tests defined, and sometimes there is an issue marked by the exit code: -8.

The related console message:

$ '"C:\Program Files (x86)\SmartBear\TestExecute 14\bin\TestCompleteService14.exe"' //LogonAndExecute //lDomain: "" //lName: "jenkins" //lPassword: ** //lTimeout: "5580000" //lUseActiveSession: "true" //lCommandLine: '""C:\Program Files (x86)\SmartBear\TestExecute 14\x64\bin\TestExecute.exe" C:\test.pjs /run /SilentMode /ForceConversion /ns /exit /ExportLog:C:\Jenkins\workspace\myJob\1654292692814.tclogx /ExportLog:C:\Jenkins\workspace\myJob\1654292692814.htmlx /ErrorLog:C:\Jenkins\workspace\myJob\1654292692814.txt /Timeout:5400 /project:Test /unit:TestScript /routine:testing /DoNotShowLog /JenkinsTCPluginVersion:2.8.1"' //lSessionScreenWidth: "1920" //lSessionScreenHeight: "1080"
[TestComplete] Test runner exit code: -8 (An internal error occurred. Please contact SmartBear's Support Team). [TestComplete] [WARNING] Unable to find the log file "1654292692814.tclogx". [TestComplete] [WARNING] Unable to find the log file "1654292692814.htmlx". [TestComplete] [WARNING] Errors occurred during the test execution. [TestComplete] Marking the build as FAILED. [TestComplete] [WARNING] Unable to publish test results (xml data is empty).

Sometimes one job/test is done correctly, sometimes the introduced issue heappens -- i mean there couldn't be problem with job/test configuration.

I found some (maybe archive) posts reated to previous testexecute versions, unfortunately unsolved. Now i use Version: 14.81.217.11 , still having the issue.

The other similar posts found:

https://community.smartbear.com/t5/TestComplete-Questions/Integrate-with-Jenkins-can-not-find-log-file-error-and-failed/m-p/99688

https://community.smartbear.com/t5/TestComplete-Questions/Jenkins-and-TC-10-6-integration/m-p/161762

Does anyone have idea what to check, what might cause this issue?

2 Replies

qa_qed
    New Contributor

We have been experiencing the same thing since February. 

Our test runs pass all tests in the TestComplete suite but fail with an exit code -8 in Jenkins and sometimes with an exit code -1.  I was told that the latter code generally refers to a license issue but also that a bad license would have prevented the execution from the start.

File a ticket with SmartBear Support.  I wish I had a resolution for you, but it hasn't happened yet.  

See this thread:  

https://community.smartbear.com/t5/TestComplete-Questions/Jenkins-Failed-TestExecute-Passed/m-p/229816

zirka2
      New Contributor

Dear qa_qed!

Thanks for your reply, please let me know when you have any updates on your issue.

Unfortunately, my issue has been present for more than a year ago. Previously i asked for some help at support, but they couldn't give me a proper solution, only asking me for more information - and now we have no support subscription.

However, I don't know, did I introduce the issue correctly. I meant sometimes happens, a job fails with this -8 exit code stuff, but on another day, the same test passes, with exactly the same settings.

When the job fails, I have no testcomplete report at all. Only Jenkins says in TestComplete report: "Failed to start"