Forum Discussion

ilko01
New Contributor
3 days ago

Need to retrieve the TestedApp version

I have several versions of the TestedApps for my TestComplete tests. Some tests create files, which later I may need to analyze. The files created with different versions of the TestedApps must be opened and analyzed with the same version of the TestedApp as they were created with.
Considering this, I may need to add to the file name the version of the TestApp used.
I was wondering if retrieving the version of the TestedApp in the form of a variable is possible, so I may use it in the file name constructor.

• We get our application version like you are describing from the running process like this:

Set Project.Variables.s_gpProgramVersionNum = Sys.Process("<Your process name here>").FileVersionInfo

After that we log it in the TC log.

• We get our application version like you are describing from the running process like this:

Set Project.Variables.s_gpProgramVersionNum = Sys.Process("<Your process name here>").FileVersionInfo

After that we log it in the TC log.

ilko01
      New Contributor

Thank you, JDR2500,

That works for me. I appreciate your help.

ilko01

rraghvani
    Champion Level 3

Does your application show the version number? If yes, why don't you capture that? There's no methods in TestedApps object to retrieve the version number of an application.