Forum Discussion

bnuitrare
New Contributor
13 days ago

Inspecting a DotNetBrowser Chromium control

Hello

I am using a desktop application in Delphi that has an integrated DotNetBrowser Chromium control. I am using the -cdpAutoSetPort parameter, but despite that, I only see the container of the control and not the objects inside it. I have the Full version of TestComplete (desktop, web, mobile, AI). Is the DotNetBrowser Chromium control supported by TestComplete 15 ? Or is DotNetBrowser Chromium different from CEF ? 

Thank you. 
Best regards.
william

3 Replies

bnuitrare
    New Contributor

Thank you for the responses !

Regarding this comment:

"DotNetBrowser Chromium can be interacted through TestComplete's general web testing capabilities. This is because DotNetBrowser Chromium is based on Chromium, the same open-source project that powers Google Chrome and Microsoft Edge."

I believe that the encapsulation of Chromium via DotNetBrowser changes the paradigm, and the web module is indeed enabled in my project. However, despite this, I only see the container of the DotNetBrowser.

I have raised a ticket with support to see if this issue is known.

thx

Humashankar
    Champion Level 0

Hi bnuitrare 

Can you try to workout this inspection approach and see if it helps - In TestComplete, create a new web project. This approach leverages TestComplete's web testing features to interact with the embedded browser control which is all part of web testing mode

Use TestComplete's object identification tools to locate the DotNetBrowser Chromium control within your Delphi application's window.

You might need to experiment with different identification properties (example -  name, class name, role) to find the most reliable way to target the control.

DotNetBrowser Chromium can be interacted through TestComplete's general web testing capabilities. This is because DotNetBrowser Chromium is based on Chromium, the same open-source project that powers Google Chrome and Microsoft Edge

Hope this helps - Happy to help further!!
    Thank you very much and have a great one!
    Warm regards