Forum Discussion

madeshwaran
Occasional Contributor
12 years ago

Indicator object performance

Pushing too many text in indicator object will slow down the TC or TE Performance?

5 Replies

• Hi,

As far as I know, we have no issues when using the indicator slows down performance. However, performance depends on the amount of actions that are to be performed. If you face an issue when using the indicator slows down your tests, please let us know.

Thanks.

Ann

madeshwaran
    Occasional Contributor
    Hi Ann,

There is a impact in the indicator object if we fail to up the indicator.clear. If some one keep on posting the object with data then performance of the execution hangs.

madesh
  • Hi Madesh,

Could you please post here a sample script demonstrating the issue?

Thanks in advance. 

Ann

madeshwaran
    Occasional Contributor
    Indicator.PushText("Executing Step: " & VarToStr(intSequence) & " " & VarToStr(strObjectName) & " " & VarToStr(strAction) & " " & VarToStr(strValue))

Here intSequence, strObjectName, strAction & strValue are values that we used in every step of our execution will indicate the user on which step is currently getting executed. 

Indicator.PopText

After this step we missed to used Indicator.clear which in turn hold the data always until i clear the indicator object.

My script will execute for more than 16 hours as a result after a some time the execution becomes slow and the TC memory is was growing a lot. 
  • Hi,

Currently, missing Indicator.Clear cannot cause such behavior. Perhaps, some memory leaks occur during execution of some other functions in your script. Could you please play back your script with all the Indicator statements commented and check whether the issue occurs?

Thanks in advance.

Ann