Forum Discussion

pmallela2
Contributor
2 years ago

I am unable to spy objects

I am unable to spy objects, which i have already added to Name Mapping Previously and
performed regression test successfully 1 month back but i have issue with identifying all objects in Application.
from Development end no changes was done

5 Replies

rraghvani
    Champion Level 3

I had used MS Coded UI on a Remote Desktop machine few years back, and Coded UI was not able to recognise any of the UI Controls. I'm assuming TestComplete will behave the same too.

Running the automation works perfectly via Remote Desktop, and development is done locally on my machine.

Marsha_R
    Champion Level 3

Are you running TestComplete on a new computer?  Have you reinstalled TestComplete lately? Are you testing on a different browser than before?  If your application hasn't changed, then something else has and we just need to figure out what it was!

pmallela2
      Contributor

I'm running on a same computer, Test complete was not re installed. It is a desktop application and Application also not changed. I am able to get the values from Frontend GUI but unable to perform operations (click, edit etc) on Frontend GUI.

When i see the application Objects from Object browser, it was showing Application full window in the View Object but when i try to access Frontend GUI values it was showing black screen in the view object.

rraghvani
    Champion Level 3

Are you using TC on a physical machine or access via Remote Desktop? Is your Windows Scaling and Layout set to 100%?

pmallela2
      Contributor

I'm accessing through Remote Machine,  from my local machine i need to connect Citrix machine from there i need to connect remote machine(testcomplete machine). 

yes Layout was 100%.