Forum Discussion

Yasir
New Contributor
6 months ago
Solved

How to verify a downloaded file with dynamic File name

I have to verify a downloaded file but some part of the file name keeps on changing while the other part remains constant.(eg Test1534. Test5462, Test5363)

Your help on this would be appreciated...

• Did you see the method FindFiles, which searches a folder for files matching the specified pattern?

You need to write a function to retrieve a list of files matching your pattern. The file with the latest date, implies it's the latest downloaded file. 

4 Replies

Yasir
    New Contributor

This doesn't cater my requirement as none of the methods in  aqFileSystem Object Methods accepts a partial file name. If for instance, my file name is TestFile399766. So the path I am bound to provide is "C:\\MyFiles\\TestFile399766.xlsx". I want something that would work as a 'contains check' e.g.

"C:\\MyFiles\\TestFile*.xlsx"

rraghvani
    Champion Level 3

Did you see the method FindFiles, which searches a folder for files matching the specified pattern?

You need to write a function to retrieve a list of files matching your pattern. The file with the latest date, implies it's the latest downloaded file. 

Yasir
    New Contributor

Yes, by using a combination of FindFiles and other methods, I was able to get to the file.

Thanks rraghvani