Forum Discussion

roopesh
New Contributor
8 years ago
Solved

how to test for login with user name ,password and client code

We have three fields to fill and login ,please any one let me no how to login with single user and multiple user

• It seems like a simole enough problem.

1) Record logging in to the form to get the specific work flow and mapped fields
    2) Adjust your name mapping to be robust enough to account for any variability
    3) Replace the strings for username, password, and client code with parameter names and add those parameters to your function declaration
    4) Create a data source (CSV, Excel, SQL, etc) and create a row for each user you want to test the login for.
    5) Write a data driven loops using your data source and calling your function, passing values from your data source into the parameters of the function
    6) run your loop

Quick and dirty, that's how I would do it. If you need more detail or if there are other requirements you need met, if you ask, folks here should be able to answer

1 Reply

tristaanogre
    Esteemed Contributor
    It seems like a simole enough problem.

1) Record logging in to the form to get the specific work flow and mapped fields
    2) Adjust your name mapping to be robust enough to account for any variability
    3) Replace the strings for username, password, and client code with parameter names and add those parameters to your function declaration
    4) Create a data source (CSV, Excel, SQL, etc) and create a row for each user you want to test the login for.
    5) Write a data driven loops using your data source and calling your function, passing values from your data source into the parameters of the function
    6) run your loop

Quick and dirty, that's how I would do it. If you need more detail or if there are other requirements you need met, if you ask, folks here should be able to answer