Forum Discussion

baxatob
Community Hero
9 years ago

How to disable the description in keyword tests?

Hi,

Is it possible to disable auto filling of Description in keyword tests? I want to have this fields empty by default.

Thank you!

7 Replies

m_essaid
    Valued Contributor

Hi,

If the purpose is to not have theses comments after a conversion into script, at first TC asks to add comments or not.

It asks also if we want to remind this choice for further conversions.

The problem is that I don't see where to reset that parameter to have the question asked again.

Personnaly I never keep automatic comments.

tristaanogre
      Esteemed Contributor

That option to prompt for using the description is in Tools | Options | General | Show Again Flags | Keyword Testing

aPrivett
      Occasional Contributor

aPrivett
    Occasional Contributor

After recording a keyword test, the first thing I do is blank out the description for every new line.  Here's why:

1.  The concocted description gives no added value. You can look at the other three columns and figure things out easily.

2.  When I want to override the concocted description with my own comment, it blends with the other lines that have concocted descriptions, thus, camouflaging my descriptions that I want other testers to see easily.

So the idea here in baxatob's post is great and would meet my needs.  A variation of this idea would be an all-time option to enable or disable.  If it is enabled, you could press an option to blank out concocted descriptions in all lines of the current test.

tristaanogre
      Esteemed Contributor

There is no configuration to do so at this time.  Feel free to make the suggestion as a feature request.