Forum Discussion

nitinsaxena1787
New Contributor
11 years ago

How to detect control in any Console window.

Hi everyone,
I am using Test Complete to autmate one of the Embeded application. In the application there is console window. The Console Window consist of some Information and some other objcets. I need to read the text and perform the actions through Test Complete.
I am getting a problem as Test Complete is not able to read the text. Test complete is taking Console Window as a single Object and not able to recognize objects inside it.
Gyus Please help as this is the importent One..

Thanks,
Nitin

3 Replies

• Thanks Gena Alpaev.

Actually I have gone through this article. The Console Window which i am using for Automation, does not display "wText" property in Test Complete. I need not to provide any input on the console window but i need to read the text in the console (Please see the attached Screenshot).  Please suggest any other alternate solution to get the text.
    karkadil
    Valued Contributor
    As I can see, this is not console application, it is a GUI application (probably MFC, but I can mistake).

You need to find out what kind of application you are using, compile it with Debug info enabled (if necessary) and then work with it as with any other GUI application, addressing properties of the control which looks like console.