Forum Discussion

prabhat_vatsya
Occasional Contributor
10 years ago
Solved

How to connect helpdesk to get help

Hi,

We are a licensee user of TestComplete tool and while running the test ,we have recorded, ith tool does not recognises the vents capture and test gets fail.

How to get assistance regarding the issues we are facing.
  • Hi Prabhat,

Have you contacted the Support team? I cannot find a case from you.

Actually, you can describe exactly what you've faced - we will try to help.

6 Replies

TanyaYatskovska
    SmartBear Alumni (Retired)
    Hi Prabhat,

Have you contacted the Support team? I cannot find a case from you.

Actually, you can describe exactly what you've faced - we will try to help.

prabhat_vatsya
    Occasional Contributor
    Hi Tanya,

We are using testcomplete tool for testing purpose,

We are having application in different technology as in combination and  independent.

Mostly we are using .NET technology.

In some applications we have third party controls like RAD combo box.

In this case- We are able to record the test cases but when we run-test the case it doesnot recognise the selection  event of the rad combo, we tried using tab to select the record in the combo then it worked.

2- We have applications where we we have combination of .net and coldfusion.

In this case -Technical description-

We have three .cfm pages combined to display the header,body and the footer of a page.

In header we have  menu list.

We are able to record the test but when we run the test it doesnot recognise the differnt combined pages as single page and hence the focus on menu stays on menu page only and all the other events captured are not recognised.

This is urgent.

Could you please share the contact number.

Please send a mail at  prabhat.vatsya@tcs.com, janani.seshadri@tcs.com
    TanyaYatskovska
    Hi Prabhat,

As far as I know, ColdFusion applications are web applications. So, TestComplete can test ColdFusion applications as, for TestComplete, it does not matter how the web page is generated on the server side. To help you resolve the issues you faced, I would suggest that you zip your entire project suite folder along with the log of the failed test execution and send the archive to our product Support Team (Murugan posted the link above) with the description of the issues.

Please note that this forum is a place where community members are helping each other. If you need a private assistance from our TestComplete Support Team, refer your request directly to them - http://support.smartbear.com/message/?prod=TestComplete

TanyaYatskovska
    Hi Prabhat,

As far as I see, you complained of the Object Not found error to the Support team. The article they provided should help you troubleshoot the issue and resolve it.

If this doesn't help, I would recommend that you create a separate thread for the question/issue you faced and describe it as minutely as possible so that other community members could help.