Forum Discussion

shevian
Occasional Contributor
14 years ago

How many clients can work at the same time under Floating License

Hi all:

Dose anyone know how many clients can work at the same time under Floating License?

Thanks

Best Regards,

Shevian

6 Replies

• Hi,

You can run one TC instance per license. So, if you have one Floating license, one user can work with it at a time.
    shevian
    Occasional Contributor
    Hi Jared:

What I mean is:

PC in my LAN can run TC8.0 without activate after I activated my floating license.Is that right?

What I want to know the number of it?

Thanks

Best regards,

Shevian
  • Hi,

If you activate one license, you can start only one TC instance in your network. You can install it on several PCs, but it will start on a single PC only - the license manager won't allow you to start TC on other machines until you close the running instance. You will be able to run it on any PC, but only on one PC at a time. If you have two licenses, TC can run on two machines simultaneously, and so on.

If this is not what you need to know, clarify your request.
    shevian
    Occasional Contributor
    If I want two instances work concurrently, that means I have to buy another floating license.Right?

Is the second license price same as the first one?

PS:

I don't know the reason floating license means like this.

Because people buy TC for automating test, TC app must be running when executing it.

And floating license's price is three times of Named license, but only one can run at a time...

Is that really useful???
  • Hi,

If you need to run two TC instances simultaneously, you need two floating licenses. For information on prices, contact our Sales Department (submit a 'sales' request).

The difference between named and floating licenses is that you can use a named license on a single PC, while you can use a floating license on different PCs in your network.