Forum Discussion

mrouse
Contributor
12 years ago

How can I determine if a check box is checked or clear programatically.

I have an object that looks like a dialog box (see attached jpg) within it there are several columns and rows.

With in the first column there is a checkbox on each row.  I need to check if the checkbox is checked or not.  However when I try and use the Object spy I can't select the check box, I can only select the outer dialog box.  I've tried ising the object browser but it doesn't show the check boxes either. 

Any Ideas?

Thanks,

Mike

1 Reply

Anonymous

Hi Mike,

In most cases, child objects of grid controls are internal, so TestComplete does not recognize them as individual objects and does not show them in the Object Browser. To access the target check box, you need to use native methods/properties of their parent objects. In your control's documentation, you can find out what particular methods/properties you need to use.

If you still need our assistance, let us know more about the grid control:

1. What is the value of the control's WndClass property (you can check it using the Object Browser)? If the control is a .NET control, please tell me the value of its ClrFullClassName property.

2. What is the name of the component used to implement the control?

3. What language and IDE were used to create the application?

Also, if the control is not a standard one, let us know its vendor and version.