Forum Discussion

jkrolczy
Regular Contributor
4 months ago

Hope next TestComplete update Supports Chrome 120.x

I am hoping the next version of TestComplete comes out soon to support the latest Chrome 120.x that is out.

Also that some extreme testing is being performed so we are not breaking functionality in TestComplete and going back and forth like in 2023.

Can patches be supplied to TestComplete each time Chrome or Edge are updated, or is there more to the fix that does not make it simple to correct when the browsers update.

Just a 2024 year wish !!!

6 Replies

rraghvani
    Champion Level 3

By the time TC releases another version, Chrome would have updated to 121!

eykxas
    Frequent Contributor

I'm already using Edge 120, and no issues at all with my project. (Angular webapp).

BreezerK
      Occasional Contributor

What version of TestComplete / TestExecute are you running with Edge 120?

My team and I noticed that just like last year with Chromium 113, older versions of TC/TE work, but newer updates do not.

For example, TC 15.58 works with Edge/Chrome 120, but TC15.59 & TC15.60 do not work for us.

jkrolczy
    Regular Contributor

I have the following case open:

Case #00586811: Textbox dropdown: wrong wItem being selected

It gets fixed, then breaks, then fixed again, and so on.
    I am at the point with the latest MS Edge 120 and latest TestComplete 15.60 and still broke.
    So waiting for a fix again

I've replied to Case email for a status on.

BreezerK
      Occasional Contributor

Try downgrading to an older version of TestComplete or TestExecute on one of your machines if you have the ability to do so. Neither 15.59 & 15.60 work for me with Edge/Chrome 120, but 15.58 works with no issues at all (one machine of mine still uses 15.51 without issue as well that I tested this morning with a suite of tests).

rraghvani
    Champion Level 3

My rule of thumb, if you have a working version, don't upgrade!