Forum Discussion

lachapan
Occasional Contributor
7 years ago
Solved

Does TestComplete 12.0 support Kendo grids?

I see in the docs that TC supports Telerik RadGridView - my understanding is that these are different than Kendo Grids. Are Kendo grids supported in TC 12.0?

• Hi Andy,

> So it sounds like I have to write a bunch of custom scripts to navigate and test Kendo grids.

Yes, correct. I did not work with Kendo UI web elements, but according to your description creation of a set of custom functions is a way that you will have to go.

4 Replies

AlexKaras
    Champion Level 3

Hi,

> Are Kendo grids supported in TC 12.0?

Yes, they are supported : https://community.smartbear.com/t5/TestComplete-Functional-Web/TestComplete-9-3-Does-it-support-kendoUI/m-p/81168#M17730

P.S. Any JavaScript-based library to generate/decorate html content is supported by TestComplete. The questions are:

a) whether or not TestComplete provides some additional support to make it easier, say, to work with grids or combo-boxes or the tester will have to implement this himself; and

b) whether or not the library provides the means to generate stable unique IDs for the web elements (and whether or not this is used by developers) to make it easier to create and support tests or the tester will have to figure-out the ways of how to reliably identify web elements on the page (according to the number of posts on this forum, Angular is an excellent example of the library that generates html markup that is extremely difficult to automate).

lachapan
      Occasional Contributor

I see what you mean, I should have been more specific. In trying out TC against the Kendo grid in my application, I can see that individual cells are clickable and accessible, but I cannot, for example, do a table checkpoint against a Kendo grid, or use some the pre-written events and properties specific to many other grid objects such as EXTJS grids. So it sounds like I have to write a bunch of custom scripts to navigate and test Kendo grids.

Would that statement be more accurate? 

Thanks,

Andy

AlexKaras
        Champion Level 3

Hi Andy,

> So it sounds like I have to write a bunch of custom scripts to navigate and test Kendo grids.

Yes, correct. I did not work with Kendo UI web elements, but according to your description creation of a set of custom functions is a way that you will have to go.