Forum Discussion

paul_igoe
Contributor
11 years ago
Solved

Error "grid view type is not currently supported" for Developer Express XtraGrid, DblClickCell

Hi,

I am using TestComplete 9.30 with Dev Express 2012.2.10.

We have a custom control "net.axisdata.Presentation.Core.AxGridView" for Developer Express XtraGrid. I configured this as described in http://support.smartbear.com/viewarticle/29210/

A call to method DblClickCell on this object returns error :

"The grid view type 'net.axisdata.Presentation.Core.AxGridView' is not currently supported. "     

I see from http://support.smartbear.com/viewarticle/30420/ that the latest supported version is 2012.2.8. Is this likely the reason I get this error, or is it possible I am missing some configuration?

Is there any other way I can be sure to click on the correct grid cell? Recording gives me DblClick() on the grid object by coordinates (maybe not reliable?)

Thanks in advance.

Paul

• Hi Paul,

As far as I understand, the control used in your tested app is inherited from the Dev Express XtraGrid control, right? In this case, you need to specify the class name of your control (the value of the ClrClassName property) in the Object Mapping editor. It looks like net.axisdata.Presentation.Core.AxGridView is the name of the view, not the class name of the control.

3 Replies

TanyaYatskovska
    SmartBear Alumni (Retired)

Hi Paul,

As far as I understand, the control used in your tested app is inherited from the Dev Express XtraGrid control, right? In this case, you need to specify the class name of your control (the value of the ClrClassName property) in the Object Mapping editor. It looks like net.axisdata.Presentation.Core.AxGridView is the name of the view, not the class name of the control.

• Hi Tanya,

Thanks for your help and sorry for the delay in getting back.

Indeed it seems that the mapping configuration for net.axisdata.Presentation.Core.AxGridView (to DevExpress.XtraGrid.Views.Grid.GridView) was missing. Previously I only had net.axisdata.Presentation.Core.AxGridControl (to DevExpress.XtraGrid.GridControl) maping. After I added the missing mapping, the call to DblClickCell() works OK.

What I dont really understand is that the DblClickCell() call is made on the AxGridControl object, not a GridView object. Indeed, with FindAll from the top of the application object tree, I cannot find any GridView object, only GridControl. Is this normal?

Regards,

Paul

TanyaYatskovska
    SmartBear Alumni (Retired)

Hi Paul,

Developer Express controls' views can be found in the MainView or Views property (don't remember the correct property name right now) of the grid control.