Forum Discussion

tristaanogre
Esteemed Contributor
13 years ago

General Question: TestComplete and SharePoint 2010

Hey, gang!

Our company is working on building out some products using Microsoft Sharepoint.  So far, we've done a couple of pilot tests with TestComplete 8.50 and SharePoint driven web pages with some pretty decent success.

Does anyone have any particular experiences or tips/tricks about using TestComplete with SharePoint? 

Any information you can give would be wonderful.

3 Replies

• Hi Robert,

Sharepoint applications are usual web applications, as far as I know, and I haven't heard of any Sharepoint-specific problems for a long time. In earlier versions of TestComplete, some issues occured due to hover actions not being recorded (Sharepoint dropdown menus are known to appear on hover, not on click) - this required using HoverMouse explicitly in tests, but that problem was handled when TestComplete started recording hover actions automatically. I haven't heard of any other problems with Sharepoint since then.

tristaanogre
    Esteemed Contributor
    Thanks, Allen!

That kind of matches my experience here.  My lead asked me to do a quick investigation to make sure we weren't going to face serious problems ahead.  It sounds like, though, all that has been sorted out.

• Hi,

Could you please provide the supporting video or instructions doc for the following Share point workflows recording and replay.

1. SharePoint 2013 Upload

2. SharePoint 2013 Download

Your quick help greatly appreciated. Thank you In advance.

Best Regards...