Forum Discussion

morde
Contributor
11 years ago
Solved

Flex objects and Chrome browser

Hi. 

I used a script as explained in http://support.smartbear.com/viewarticle/32360/ to test FLEX app on IE. do you have a way to do so in Chrome too?

Thanks.

Mor

• Hi Mor,

Support for Flex apps in Chrome will be added to TestComplete 10. Now, the product is in the Beta state. If you want to try it, please contact Sergei Sokolov, the TestComplete Product Owner, via sergei.sokolov@smartbear.com.

5 Replies

TanyaYatskovska
    SmartBear Alumni (Retired)

Hi Mor,

Support for Flex apps in Chrome will be added to TestComplete 10. Now, the product is in the Beta state. If you want to try it, please contact Sergei Sokolov, the TestComplete Product Owner, via sergei.sokolov@smartbear.com.

• Hi Tanya,

Do you know when TC version 10 should be released?

• Hi again.

Since my previous message I already upgraded to TC10.3.

I installed all the debugger extensions and changed the plugin setttings as described in the manual. 

Most of he tested app is HTML so the chrome handles it well.

When it comes to the Flex part, it gets stuck almost immediately. The Flex objects are recognised, but when an app-popup occours, for example, TC doesn't recognize it on the run-time. It gets recognized only when I stop the test and refresh the object browser manually.

On my test I used both Refresh and RefreshMappingInfo on all the popus, it didn't help.

Is there another magic way to do so?

Further info:

Browser = Chrome 36

TC = 10.30

Tests type = KDT

FlexDebugger = version 14

Thanks.