Forum Discussion

vijay6105
Contributor
13 years ago

F10 key for step over is not working

Hello,

I'm using TestComplete 8.60 version. I have found that F10 key for step over is not working. F11 key for step into is working fine but F10 key is not responding. It is difficult for me to debug the code using F11 so I have to use F10. Can you please tell me what could be the problem ? 

7 Replies

HKosova
    SmartBear Alumni (Retired)
    Hi Vijay,

Please make sure that:

* F10 is assigned as the Step Over shortcut in Tools | Customize Keyboard;

* the "F Lock" key on your keyboard (if present) is turned on;

* other applications running on your computer do not have F10 registered as a global shortcut.

Also, does Step Over work if you use the Debug | Step Over menu command instead?
  • Hi Helen,

I've opened Customize kyboard-debug categories there I'm not able to see the step over and step into commands in the dialog. So I can't set the shortcuts for those commands in the dialoag.

Step Over is working in the menu command bar. It's showing F10 as shortcut key also but when I'm pressing F10 it is not working. F11 is working for step into. F10 is not used by any other application

I'm using TC 8.60.665 latet version, recently i added two files given by smartbear as there is a problem before tcCommonPanels and tcRTl.bpl files. Is that a problem of adding these files
    HKosova
    Hi Vijay,

I've opened Customize kyboard-debug categories there I'm not able to see the step over and step into commands in the dialog. So I can't set the shortcuts for those commands in the dialoag.

The Step Over and Step Into commands are in the Test Engine category.

I'm using TC 8.60.665 latet version, recently i added two files given by smartbear as there is a problem before tcCommonPanels and tcRTl.bpl files. Is that a problem of adding these files

I'll check with the R&D Team whether this could be the issue and get back to you.
  • Hi Helen,

I've checked test engine category step into and step over commands. If I'm changing shortcut key for step over command and applying it's giving current schema(default) is read only create a new copy of the schema. I did a copy of the default schema and changed shortcut key to F8 for step over then it is working fine but if I change to F10 it is not working in that schema also. In default schema also F10 for step over is there  but not working

I think there is a problem with F10 key only. how to find if any other application is using F10 as shortcut key

I used F10 for step over few days back it worked fine thenafter system is not changed
    HKosova
    Hi Vijay,

I think there is a problem with F10 key only. how to find if any other application is using F10 as shortcut key

You can exit other applications one by one until you find the one that's been intercepting the F10 key.

Also, you can try launching TestComplete before other apps -- in this case, the F10 key should be associated with TestComplete.

Let me know whether this helps.
  • Hi Helen,

I tried it's not working. I closed all applications and checked still it's not working 
    HKosova
    Hi Vijay,

Please install and run Hotkey Explorer and see if it reports F10 as registered by another application. If it does, close that app and restart TestComplete. If you use Windows 7 or Vista with UAC turned on, try running TestComplete as an administrator. Does this help resolve the issue?