Forum Discussion

scrier
Contributor
12 years ago

Execute testitems / suites from testexecute.

Hello.

I have some issues getting the grasp on how I can execute batch runs in TestExecute using a bat file.

I can execute specified scripts and methods. But I want to select specified testsuites with testexecute without using testcomplete to check what to do before, because the test system we have does not have testcomplete installed and it's rather inefficient to set it up on the development machine and check in / check out.

In the screenshot I show an example stucture where I want to be able to execute the following 3 options:

• y and underlying z and g

• a and underlying b which has underlying c,d and e

• e

"C:\Program Files\Automated QA\TestExecute 8\Bin\TestExecute.exe" "<path to suiite>\TCProjectSuite.pjs" /r /p:Main <input magic here> /e

using the above without the input magic here I will execute all preselected units. I can also use the following:

"C:\Program Files\Automated QA\TestExecute 8\Bin\TestExecute.exe" "<path to suiite>\TCProjectSuite\TCProjectSuite.pjs" /r /p:Main /u:e /rt:Run /e

that will execure the Run function in e. But I don't see any option to select the 3 dots above and I assume this is a fairly common wish for testexecute without opening in testcomplete and check what you wan't run.

// Andreas

1 Reply

TanyaYatskovska
    SmartBear Alumni (Retired)

Hi Andreas,

At the moment, there's no TestComplete/TestExecute command line parameter to run the specified test items. We have an appropriate suggestion in our DB, and your request has increased its rating. Currently, you can select which Test Items to run by working with TestExecute via COM. Another way is to contact our Support team - they have a solution on how to run test items implemented in an individual JS file.