Forum Discussion

jacqueline_hors
New Contributor
12 years ago

Error when running project via TE through a VM

I have successfully been able to set up and connect to my Virtual Machine, now I am trying to Run the actual test. When I do I can see that TestComplete  is talking to the VM but it stops shortly after and the following Error is thrown: 

'AC360_AutomationSuite (192.168.1.106) : ilab_W7_64 (192.168.1.106): The local computer cannot be used as a slave host. To solve the problem, please specify the network name or IP address of a remote computer in the Address column of the Hosts editor.'

The IP address of my remote computer is specified in 'Hosts' (192.168.1.106) While my local machine is 192.168.1.30. This is not specified in the Hosts since it is not the machine hosting TE or running the automation. This is correct right?? Below I have attached 2 images that shows the configs I have  under 'Hosts' and 'Jobs' in the Network Suite.... 

1 Reply

TanyaYatskovska
    SmartBear Alumni (Retired)

Hi Jacqueline,

Hmm. As a rule, this error means that the master computer cannot find a computer with this IP address in your network. Are you sure that 192.168.1.106 is the IP address of the slave computer? Try specifying its name. Do you get any error now?