Forum Discussion

8 years ago

Error -could not find any existing or open blank page

Hi

I am doing my first web test recording and playback.

I am using Firefox 49 and Testcomplete 9.

I launched firefox and typed in the address

http://support.smartbear.com/samples/testcomplete12/weborders/ web page

given in the test complete documentation.Once the page launched ,I stopped recording.

When i play it back, I am getting the following error:

URL: about:blank Process ID: 72968 Process Command Line: "C:\Program Files (x86)\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe" Info: Cannot find any existing or open blank page. Aliases.firefox

Info: Cannot find any existing or open blank page

From the test complete documentation, I can see that fireforx 49 requires test complete 12.Is that the issue ? ( I only have 9).
How do I solve the problem ?

Thanks

• Sure, you need to upgrade your TestComplete or use earlier version of Firefox.

• lol :smileylol:

You answered yourself in your own post!

learntesting - "From the test complete documentation, I can see that fireforx 49 requires test complete 12"

But if you want a third confirmation of this then ..... yes. You need to upgrade.

3 Replies

baxatob
    Community Hero

Sure, you need to upgrade your TestComplete or use earlier version of Firefox.

HKosova
    SmartBear Alumni (Retired)

TestComplete 9.31 supports Firefox 26 at most (with the corresponding patch).

To test in Firefox 49 you need TestComplete 12.

Colin_McCrae
      Community Hero

lol :smileylol:

You answered yourself in your own post!

learntesting - "From the test complete documentation, I can see that fireforx 49 requires test complete 12"

But if you want a third confirmation of this then ..... yes. You need to upgrade.