Forum Discussion

iryna_vasylenko
New Contributor
11 years ago
Solved

Entegration with Visual Studio. Remote testing doesn't work

Hi,

I am trying to integrate TestComplete v8.70.727 Enterprise with Visual Studio 2010 Professional for remote testing of a project (C#). I've followed the steps specified here - http://support.smartbear.com/viewarticle/31465/ and created Test Agent (on Virtual Machine), test project and settings file for remote testing. Remote computer has TestExecute installed. Test Agent worked when we tested our app remotely directly from Visual Studio (without TestComplete). When we used "TestComplete 8 Test" - seems that test started locally even if remote settings were chosen and gave an error "Failed to queue test run 'Iryna@Z400 2013-05-05 23:15:56': Unable to find assembly 'TestComplete8.VSI, Version=8.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'. Z400", where Z400 is a local computer.

We cannot figure out where we've made a mistake, so I'd appreciate your help.

Regards,

Iryna

• Hi Iryna,

That's great that you make this work!

Thanks for letting me know this. Hmm. It looks like our Team should investigate the collaboration with VS Premium better.

6 Replies

• Sorry, I just checked my configuration and I have not Visual Studio 2010 Professional, I have Visual Studio 2010 Premium. Is it possible to integrate TestComplete with Visual Studio 2010 Premium?
    TanyaYatskovska
    SmartBear Alumni (Retired)

Hi Iryna,

According to the following information from the local TestComplete 8 help system (Help | Contents), your VS version doesn't allow running tests remotely:

The computer where you create and configure test projects must have the following software installed: 1. Microsoft Visual Studio 2010 (the Ultimate or the Professional edition). 2. Microsoft Visual Studio 2010 Test Controller. 3. TestComplete 8 with the Microsoft Visual Studio 2010 Integration and Microsoft Visual Studio 2010 Build and Test Integration packages.

TanyaYatskovska
    SmartBear Alumni (Retired)

Hi Iryna,

That's great that you make this work!

Thanks for letting me know this. Hmm. It looks like our Team should investigate the collaboration with VS Premium better.

seenarg
    Occasional Contributor
    I am facing the same issue my tests run on local machine. In test agent configured remote machine where i want the tests to run what is the testcontroller name i need to set? Also in visual studio test project in testsetting once i set option as remote what is the testcontroller name to be set?
    seenarg
    Occasional Contributor
    Few more info in one machine i have visual studio, testcomplete 12 and test controller. In other remote machine where i want tests to execute i have testcomplete 12 and test agent