Forum Discussion

mathare
Contributor
12 years ago

Emailing summary results at end of test run

I have a project suite containing several projects and would like to email a summary of the test results at the end of the test run. I have read the help topics on emailing test results and also on programmatically obtaining the status of test logs so my plan was to have a script that runs after all the proper tests have been run, looping over the individual test logs recording the status to the log of the currently running test and then at the end programmatically email that final test log (summarising the status of other tests).

So I would run Test_A, Test_B etc then have a Summary test that records the status of Test_A, Test_B etc in the Summary test log and emails that Summary test log out.

However, I don't know how to loop through all the projects in my project suite. I can loop through all the logs within a given project but I don't know how to loop through the projects themselves. Can anyone help?

Alternatively has anyone any better suggestions for creating a summary report? I don't want all the log details, just an OK/Warning/Error status for each test really.

4 Replies

bolo77
    Occasional Contributor
    Hi did you find a solution to this?  im trying to achieve the same thing
    bolo77
    Occasional Contributor
    i used the information in article http://support.smartbear.com/viewarticle/27048 and am now able to attach a htm page to my email which lists the summary results of the test run.  

unsure as yet whether it works when running a project suite rather than run project.  I currently invoke TC via a schedules task and unsure how to set it to run as a project and not a project suite. 

• Hi Mat,

There is no a built-in way to export only summary information. However, we have a suggestion and your request has increased its rating. 

As a workaround, you can add a test item to the end of your project in which export results to unpacked storage and parse them. Information on the format of the exported log files can be found in the Exported Results Structure help topic.