Forum Discussion

14 years ago

DropDown cannot be closed

Hello!

I'm testing .NET application which explores dynamic pages inside it. I also have dynamic web page controls which I can difficulty handle. I'm talking about dropdown list at which I'm able to select the list item, but then somehow engine waits it is to be closed. Then scrip stops to work with an error "drop-down cannot be closed". I was trying to handle it using CallObjectMethodAsync but it shows normal behaviour only when debugging. Usually this method fails and shows error "Asyncronous object call failed".

2 Replies

• Hi,

To help us investigate the problem please zip your entire project suite folder along with the log of the failed test execution and send us the archive. Make sure that messages in your log correspond to the latest version of your tests. 
    carl_nagle
    New Contributor
    I am experiencing this same behavior with TestComplete 10 and Chrome 33.  IE and Firefox work fine, but not Chrome.

TestObject.ClickItem text

Err.Number = 0

Err.Description = (blank)

Err.Source = (blank)

Log.ErrCount = +1

Error in Log:  The drop-down box cannot be closed.

And the drop-down box IS left open by the call.

I'm not sure that packaging up the project and providing it will provide any help.  This is a general-purpose SAFS library used for multiple applications with no TestObject mapping used in the project.  However, we do have the TestComplete test log, the libraries used, and an extensive SAFS Debug Log.  Info on how to get a more comprehensive TestComplete debug log might be helpful.