Forum Discussion

amcnamara
Contributor
9 years ago

Double clicking on a table gives me "The list view item not found" error.

I am trying to double click on a row in a table to pull up a dialog. When I do this, the keyword test follows what I'm doing. However when I play it back, my test can no longer find this table and I get the error "The list view Item _____ was not found." When I try to look at this table in my test using "Highlight on Screen" it then tells me "Unable to highlight this object on screen because it is not visible".

Anyone have any ideas? I've tried moving it up in my heirarchy as well as use extended find and I can't find it at all. How is this possible when I JUST barely used the object spy to find this exact object?

3 Replies

NisHera
    Valued Contributor

There could be many possiblilities...
    1) Object not created at the moment of test- Testcompleate can be way faster than the application
    2) You have mapped with properties that changes, hence TC searching refers to old properties.
    3) Two name mappings created (some how) for same object.

what you can do is create a new project and re-corde same test with new name mapping and bit investigation in to name mapping.

amcnamara
      Contributor

After further inspection I have some more weird behavior to report.

If I use the Object Spy tool it navigates me to a different place in my Object Browser than where the Name Mapping Editor brings me in the Object Browser. I deleted the entire composite in the Name Mapping editor and remapped it from the Object Broswer and it is still bringing me to a different location. When I do "Highlight on Screen" with the orignal object it can find it, but this randomly created object that it's giving me in a different place cannot be mapped.

Is my only solution to delete all my mapping in this shell? I have several tests this will break if I do this. 

Perhaps this will help: http://screencast.com/t/JMw3nv5D