Forum Discussion

shillijf
Occasional Contributor
14 years ago

Dot NET 4 Garbage Collector & TestComplete Version 8

Is anyone experiencing issues with available memory when TestComplete Version 8 is used to test applications running .NET 4?

After switching from .NET 3.5 to .NET 4 and from
TestComplete 6 to TC8, we have found that Garbage Collection is no longer
happening properly.  The tested
application runs out of memory because pages objects are
accumulating and the memory associated with them is not being collected by the
.NET GC scheme.  When we perform the test manually, the memory associated with the unused objects is
collected.  When we use TC, the pages
accumulate.

Forcing GC, after TC is closed out will cause collection to happen but when GC is forced by TC or manually forced when TC is running, GC will not recover memory.

This condition is causing false positives during long duration test runs that, in the past, were run to expose memory leaks in the tested application.

Jim

3 Replies

• Hello Jim,

Let's continue working on this issue in the M0083503 support case.
  • Hello support Team,

I work for Siemens Information System ,India. And we have licensed testcomplete installed in below system configuration:

CPU : i7 CPU - 64bit Processor

TestComlete Version: 7.51

We are using .net dll in VB Scripting and and exception is thrown if DotNET v4 is used with TestComplete.See the attached Screen shot

While brower the TC forum i got this CaseID: M0083503 Which is similar to my query . Do you have any update on the same OR Can u please reply for the above issue.

shillijf
    Occasional Contributor
    It is my understanding that TestComplete 8 is the version you need to use .NET 4.  Earlier versions will not work with .NET 4.