Forum Discussion

11 years ago

Does TestComplete support Flex / Air apps over mobile devices?

Hi, I know test complete works with Flash / Flex and Air apps and also has support for mobile automation. 

My question is, does it support test automation of flex / air mobile apps?

Thanks
  • Hi Lucas,

> [...] does it support test automation of flex / air mobile apps?

No, according to my knowledge. For Android devices TestComplete now supports only Java-based applications. WebView control is not currently supported either which makes it quite difficult to test hybrid applications.

It was said that SmartBear now works to implement support for WebView control. Hope, that they will be able to do this more or less soon.

Also I hope that than they will manage to implement support for native mobile applications...

1 Reply

AlexKaras
    Champion Level 3
    Hi Lucas,

> [...] does it support test automation of flex / air mobile apps?

No, according to my knowledge. For Android devices TestComplete now supports only Java-based applications. WebView control is not currently supported either which makes it quite difficult to test hybrid applications.

It was said that SmartBear now works to implement support for WebView control. Hope, that they will be able to do this more or less soon.

Also I hope that than they will manage to implement support for native mobile applications...