Forum Discussion

Oferv
Super Contributor
14 years ago

do i miss any plugin,extension?

Hi,

please watch this movie http://smartbear.com/support/screencasts/testcomplete/region-checkpoints/.if you'll move forward to 1:32 minute you'll see tha the point the icon and then the icon is selected well, i can't select any of the icons on my machine in any folder. my question is do i miss any plugin,extension or anything else in order to do the same he's done?

Thanks
    tristaanogre
    Esteemed Contributor
    Have you added the Stores | Regions section to your project? (see screenshot)
    Oferv
    Super Contributor
    Hi Robert yes it is there,

as far as i know (and i'm new to the company) there are plugins you specially developed for our app.if i install the app the TC can recognize it's objects but before i run the installation it recognize nothing.at first i want to test that the installation process went smoothly and i can't beause TC cannot recognize the installation screens.

did you ever deal something like that?

if i'm running the installation and try to point the first installation's screen using the object spy it gets nothing.

thanks
    Oferv
    Super Contributor
    I got to this problem while trying to run the app's installshield  file find it impossible to recognize the installshield  screens.

i'm unable to click any of the installshield  buttons actually i can only click the exe file and from there i'm stuck need your help fast friend.

Thanks
    aqAnt
    SmartBear Alumni (Retired)

Hello Ofer,

In this video, an image is selected on a web page. If you need to run your installer from TestComplete, I recommend that you use the Tested Applications feature as suggested here.

As for object recognition, let's discuss it in the other threads you have started.