Forum Discussion

tim_faron
Contributor
10 years ago
Solved

DevExpress.Xpf.Editors.TextEdit Tooltip

I am inquiring if anyone knows how to get the tooltip of a DevExpress.Xpf.Editors.TextEdit object.

I've checked the the ToolTip property of the object and tried a number of other things, like trying to see if a child object gets exposed when i hover over the red x but i have come up with nothing..

Name: WPFObject("TxtVirtualControllerAddress")

CtrlFullClassName: DevExpress.Xpf.Editors.TextEdit
  • Hi Tim,

Try WPFObject("TxtVirtualControllerAddress").ValidationError.ErrorContent.OleValue.

5 Replies

HKosova
    SmartBear Alumni (Retired)

Hi Tim,

Try WPFObject("TxtVirtualControllerAddress").ValidationError.ErrorContent.OleValue.

TanyaYatskovska

Hi Tim,

Using the control's native methods and properties, you can work with it in TestComplete as you do in the IDE where the app was built.

Thus, it looks like you need to investigate the ErrorToolTipContentTemplate property. I've found a sample demonstrating how to set the value to the control's tooltip:

Also, the following forum discussion can be helpful:

If this doesn't help, could you please create a sample app containing the control with the tooltip and post it here? We could play with it to find a solution for you.

• Thanks for the Replies ..

I tried what Helen suggested for one of my fields and it worked

Yesterday I spend all day looking through the object hierarchy to find the value with no luck .,..

Thanks again
    TanyaYatskovska

Hi Tim,

I'm glad that Helen's answer helped. You can accept it to say thanks. In this case, Helen will get some points to her reputation :)