Forum Discussion

jaswany
Occasional Contributor
13 years ago

Data-driven loop issue

So I have an issue that I can't seem to figure out.

I have setup a keyword-driven test that runs through a website to create a new user.  I have created a spreadsheet with generated data and setup the text field that I want to pull the variable data from.  Then I created a Data-Driven loop that start from the beginning and creates the second user, etc.

The problem I have is that after it clicks the close browser button on the website, it doesn't know what to do next.  I thought it would once again launch the run testedapp and proceed with the test.  Instead it closes the internet explorer window, and doesn't ever open a new window.

This is the message I get:  There is (are) 1 running instance(s) of "C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\IEXPLORE.EXE". New instances will not be launched.   

I have the data driven loop as the first item in the test, is that not right?

1.  Data-Driven loop

2.  Run Testapp

3.  To url...

4.  ...

8 Replies

tristaanogre
    Esteemed Contributor
    The problem is that most likely the iexplore process is not closed and out of memory when you go to start it up the next time through the loop.

One thing that I've noticed with IE 7 and later, sometimes even though you close the browser, iexplore remains memory resident.  You can write a script to detect if iexplore is memory resident and, if so, close it.  

If you search these forums, there's actually several instances where people have posted solutions for various problems where the browser is not closing in time.
    jaswany
    Occasional Contributor
    I think I figured it out.  Upon looking the other posts I got an idea..and it worked.  In the operation parameters for run testedapp, I changed the ignorerunning from false to true.  That seemed to do the trick! 
    mesg2anil
    Regular Contributor
    Hi...

Can you please add that piece of line which you used for the issue which you mentioned above...? It will help others aswell...

Thanks,

Anil

• Hi,

It looks like Joshua has already posted the found solution:

In the operation parameters for run testedapp, I changed the ignorerunning from false to true.

So, as you can see, it was about modifying a single parameter in the Run TestedApp operation.
    mesg2anil
    Regular Contributor
    Hi Jared,

I still dint get what is written to ignore

can u plz help with the code...!?!?
    tristaanogre
    Esteemed Contributor
    Anil, 

In this case it's not a code issue but a configuration issue in the TestedApp object.  When you are editing TestedApps through the UI of TestComplete one of the options is "IgnoreRunning".  If that's set to false, you will be allowed to run multiple copies of the tested app.
    mesg2anil
    Regular Contributor
    Hi Robert,

I tried searching for ignorerunning under TestedApps but failed to get.

Could you please help me find it?