Forum Discussion

ashutosh01
Contributor
2 years ago

cmd prompt issue in win11

I have using cmd for test execution in windows 10 and it was working fine but when i moved to windows 11 few days back then test cases related to command prompt in windows 11 is not working able to launch cmd but when fetching text using wtext or writing something using Keys is not working in windows 11 in cmd whereas same thing in windows 10 was working. Please provide a solution ASAP.

8 Replies

rraghvani
    Champion Level 3

Windows 11 is not the same as Windows 10. You will have to update your name mappings, for it to work on Windows 11.

ashutosh01
      Contributor

Through TestedApps and clicked on solution as mistake how to undo this.

rraghvani
    Champion Level 3

The settings you have defined in TestedApps for Windows 10, is it the same for Windows 11?

Does the command prompt appear in Windows 11?

ashutosh01
      Contributor

Yes Settings and script is same as in windows 11 as well

and Yes command prompt appear in Windows 11.

do I need to change the setting or something else for windows 11 ?

rraghvani
    Champion Level 3

Have you verified the name mappings are correctly defined for Windows 11? Does "wtext" appear for Windows 11?

Since Windows 10 is different from Windows 11, I don't expect the scripts to work perfectly. 

ashutosh01
      Contributor

Name mapping is different for windows 11 when i try with new mapping then these wtext and keys property don't work.

What is the alternative here and also forgot to mention one thing that very first time in windows 11 it worked with same script which was for windows 10 but after that i got an windows update and after updating it is not working.