Forum Discussion

vinodkumar_chau
Contributor
10 years ago
Solved

Checking IE version without having web plug-in using JScript

Hi Team ,

We have Desktop module license of testcomplete. When i try to check the IE version using

Log.Message("Internet Explorer version: " + Browsers.Item(btIExplorer).Version.MajorPart); it gives me error "unable to use the browsers object. The Web Testing plug-in that implements the object code is not installed' . 

Now how do i check the version of IE for my desktop testing using JScript ?

Tried to use Windows.navigator... but its now recognizing navigator

AlexKaras
    9 years ago

Hi,

You may consider to use the GetFileVersion method of the Scripting.FileSystemObject object (provided by OS VBScript/JScript).

3 Replies

• Try using Object Browser to see how you can access Internet Explorer.  You may be able to access the versions info through the Process object:

Sys.Process("iexplore").FileVersionInfo.MajorPart

vinodkumar_chau
      Contributor

Hi Joseph, 

Thanks fot the reply. 

It will only work when is present in the Process i.e. the IE should be open. 

What if i do it like below , reading the registry value. It is printing balnk rite now. I m trying. if you have any suggestion please let me know.

Log.Message(Storages.Registry("SOFTWARE\\Microsoft\\Internet Explorer\\Version Vector\\IE",HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE));

AlexKaras
        Champion Level 3

Hi,

You may consider to use the GetFileVersion method of the Scripting.FileSystemObject object (provided by OS VBScript/JScript).